SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011

OsmundL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
The interior layout of the Defline 43 is very similar to the Cigale 14
Ulf
Ulf, you mention Cigale, and I must confess to an irrational love of this boat. I’ve been aboard the 14 and 16 and could not get the aft saloon out of my head. Glass on three sides with those large windows facing aft and a positively enormous roundtable give associations to the pirate vessels of old – you know the ornamental overhangs aft where a Captain Morgan gathered his scoundrels and counted silver treasures?

Deckhouse yachts boast 360º views but tend to feel like a glasshouse or mobile home; in the Cigale you are in an acquarium down below and incredibly close on the sea. In every regard, the Cigale is a “social” concept meant to bring a crew together. The other side of this are the cabins – should I say sleeping quarters? They are cramped and more akin to sea bunks of a previous generation. To me this is so sensible and very rare when other boats are designed for boat shows: large luxurious double beds and “master bedrooms”, blatantly trying to pretend you are not really at sea. The Cigale is just purposeful.

Here is also a photo of the new Cigale 16 under construction. Love that structure!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cig16.jpg (11.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg cig16cabin.jpg (38.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg piratcabcartoon.jpg (63.7 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg cig newalu.jpg (96.3 KB, 100 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook