SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Imagine 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
Yes, absolutely. I had the same association without realizing this link.
The Defline is certainly not as beautiful.

One more interesting boat again without such a nice aft saloon is the Heol 11.4 I just discovered. Totally different but quite ambitious....

11.5 m
5 800 Kg
with lifting keel(s)

Looks like this comes with a deckhouse as well!

Ulf
Five or six years ago I followed the concept (in its site) that originated the Heol series. I remember that there was also a 14m boat, that it is not on line anymore. It seems that he has passed from the drawings to the real thing. It has taken about 5 years for someone to invest in its smaller brother (Heol 7.4) and I am still waiting to see a 14m boat over the same concept.

Another boat that is really incredible is the "Imagine 53":

imagine 53 2qp - defline yacht architecture

"This bold sailboat designed by Martin Defline is equipped with two hydraulically operated canting keels. A central computer manages their angle depending on the heel, strength and wind angle. The keels can be raised on each side to reduce the draft to the approach of a shallow anchorage. This yacht is unique to our knowledge.

Frederick Augendre - "Voile et Voiliers"

This ultra fast cruiser can easily sail with one of the keels out of the water. It is a development first tried with success on a smaller boat some years ago. It was amaizing to see it sailing with one bulbed keel out of the water

Now you can understand why I find this guy innovative. And he is quite young. Hopefully lots of good and wonderful things yet to come.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook