SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
J133, Zou 40.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
The interior layout of the Defline 43 is very similar to the Cigale 14 - nearly a copy but on 43 ft only. Seems to be very convenient - am I right? I didn't expect that is possible on such a smaller sized boat.
I wonder why there are no more boats with this very interesting interior layout. What are the disadvantages?
Ulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
Wow!!
That's great!
Seems to be in the same price range like RM1200 and Pogo 12.50. So still not exaggerated! Is there a Polar available?
Ulf
No, unfortunately it is not. These one off boats cost always a lot more than production boats even if its a small production like Pogo or RM.

That boat was made by Naval force 3 and a naked boat cost 260 000 € and the one in the photos (fully equipped for passage making) cost 430 000€ (With 19.6 VAT).

You have more details, on the boat test made by "Voile Magazine":

defline 43 qt - defline yacht architecture

I don't have a polar but the boat is really fast. On the test they say it goes almost at wind speed. That's a passage maker with the performances of a cruiser-racer

Regarding boats with the saloon on the back position one of the reason it is not used in small boats (less than 14m) is because the height of central part of the cockpit is too low and on the interior you have space laterally, but also a low central part that is intrusive and makes for a disagreeable central space.

But you have one that is made in small series that use that space, one that it seems you don't know and one that I am sure you are going to love, the Zou 40.2. The boat is made over a Class 40 hull and it is a kind of Pogo 12.50 with a better interior. Off course, it is more expensive, but it is a great boat. I have already talked about it, not about the boat but about the conclusions that the testers had taken from a test sail between that one and a J 133, that costs about the same price.

Voiles et Voiliers : Essais et comparatifs - J133 contre Zou 40.2

FoX Technology Zou 40.2 -Class40

You have to look here to see the images and videos:

Gallerie Photo du Zou 40.2

You have also a used Zou 40 for sell (for a long time). I believe they would sell it for a lot less:

For Sale. Carène ZOU 40 - méditérrannée - 1648133

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook