SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why fuel filters must be changed
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
Not quite! The enzymes DISSOLVE the fungal colonies and puts the very small sized 'debris' into solution so that it can easily pass through common 'filters'.

;-)
Rich,

Very interesting to hear you support this product and I am a little surprised because my experience with it was not very good. I used it twice, Startron Enzyme Diesel Fuel Tank Cleaner, and my tank still looked like the inside of a tar factory. It didn't even make my filters clog any faster which I would have expected after a "cleaning". Perhaps it was worse before I cleaned it but on this boat there is really no way otehr than an inspection camera to get to the tank and clean it out short of removing it from the vessel... Snake oil is about the best term I can come up with for for this product claiming to "clean" tanks..

Personally I am not sold on the SolTron or StarTron products for actually "cleaning" or dissolving anything but it does tend to make my transom stay slightly cleaner, less soot, so I continue to use it...

As you said a physical scrubbing is the best the Startron left it like this...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook