SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need Newport 30 MKII fuel tank dimensions/pics
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011

chindes is on a distinguished road
Newport 30 gas tank

First time I've visitied the site in a very long time; I've never posted before and the site won't let me send a PM until I have five posts. What a PITA.

Anyway, just caught your post form December. I replaced the gas tank on my Newport 30 three years ago in connection with an Atomic 4 engine rebuild. I got the tank off the shelf from Defender and it is the very largest I could find to fit in the space without major mods; 18 gal as I recall.

Of course it is an engine pull to replace the tank, and I had to manufacture a base and special straps to hlold it. I don't remember all the particulars, my boat is forty miles away on jacks for the winter, and I don't plan to visit in the next few weeks, but if you have some time and patience I'd be glad to try and talk you through it.

Because the site won't let me send a PM and I refuse to post my email address on an open forum, we're stuck with following this thread until we get five posts. I promise to check back frequently.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook