SailNet Community - View Single Post - 12-Volt LCD/TV Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011
1975 Newport 28

jaschrumpf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Last post on this topic is several months old. Anyone have a current suggestion?

I'm looking for a quality 12-volt powered, 20-22" LCD TV/DVD monitor, preferably with decent stereo sound, to mount on a salon bulkhead. Intended use is occasional movies and TV on the mooring but also to receive video output from my MFD and laptop.

Secondly, anyone found a marine quality HDMI cable longer than 3 meters? My run to the nav station is closer to 18' when routed.
You can get good high quality HDMI cables from Monoprice.com for much less than in the stores. I've bought many a cable and adapter from there; they have a great selection of things electronic, and I've always got my orders quickly.

Just looking real quickly I see they have a 20' 22AWG CL2 high speed HDMI cable for $20.08. A 25' cable goes for $23.36. Way cheaper than Best Buy or wherever. If all you need are small ones they have 1.5' cables for $1.89. Can't beat their prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Monrovia, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook