SailNet Community - View Single Post - 12-Volt LCD/TV Suggestions?
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 01-11-2011
1975 Newport 28
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Last post on this topic is several months old. Anyone have a current suggestion?

I'm looking for a quality 12-volt powered, 20-22" LCD TV/DVD monitor, preferably with decent stereo sound, to mount on a salon bulkhead. Intended use is occasional movies and TV on the mooring but also to receive video output from my MFD and laptop.

Secondly, anyone found a marine quality HDMI cable longer than 3 meters? My run to the nav station is closer to 18' when routed.
You can get good high quality HDMI cables from for much less than in the stores. I've bought many a cable and adapter from there; they have a great selection of things electronic, and I've always got my orders quickly.

Just looking real quickly I see they have a 20' 22AWG CL2 high speed HDMI cable for $20.08. A 25' cable goes for $23.36. Way cheaper than Best Buy or wherever. If all you need are small ones they have 1.5' cables for $1.89. Can't beat their prices.

S/V Free Spirit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Monrovia, MD
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome