SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan 27
Thread: Morgan 27
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011

souljour2000 is on a distinguished road
If the price is right and is it well-equpped and in good condition...it might be a good boat...the Morgan 27 is a wider and heavier boat than the popular Catalina 27 (standard rig). It is also about 4 knots faster. It's not quite as safe from a stabilty point of view..buts it's numbers are close to the catalina in that dept. and also it motion comfort rating is close to the more narrow and easier motion of the Catalina. Sail calc pro or other performance comparison websites can help you compare important ratio numbers for things like speed,sail area, displacement, motion comfort,etc and I highly recommend taking a look at a site like this and comparing the boats you know already against one's you may not know about...these sites usually have stats on 1000's of boats...old and new. Good luck...Morgan is my first name so I might be biased but those boats have a good reputation for a reason...Charlie Morgan was probably no fool and made many decent boats that were usually very roomy and fairly fast....though not always the most stable.... though certainly no less so than most of that era.

Last edited by souljour2000; 01-14-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook