SailNet Community - View Single Post - Webcam to watch your boat -- Done! And how-to.
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
There are ways to get to the boat without the port forwarding. The setup depends on having a proxy someplace. For serveral year I used the ultravnc repeater. It was a chore to setup but it worked for years.
Now I use gotomypc, expensive but easy.
If you left an ebay notebook on the boat you could just connect to it with gotomypc or one of its clones.
David,

Good idea on gotomypc. I've use it myself to connect to other PCs. I don't have an extra laptop on the boat though.

Not sure what ultravnc is.

I've heard about somehting called "tunnelling over port 80". I wonder if we could use that to connect to webcams.

(Didn't go sailing this past weekend. Was too busy getting the webcam setup. I'll have to do a make-up this week I guess.)

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .

Last edited by Bene505; 01-18-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook