SailNet Community - View Single Post - In-mast furler; to buy or not to buy;
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Can your wife singlehand the boat? If not, what happens if you get knocked overboard or hit in the head by the boom??? Exactly what is she supposed to do then? This is why I advocate having a boat that the smallest full-time adult crew can singlehand.
It depends on the circumstances. Under most, she could manage to get the boat into port. But if everything goes wrong and the situation turns very ugly, and all the things go wrong that could go wrong, then who knows, to be candid. But the same holds true for me under a variety of circumstances. If you are going to cruise with kids, the practical reality is that there always are going to be theoretical circumstances where those on the boat might need help. That's just the reality, and it's the case just about every day on the water with, I dare say, the majority of the boats out there.

Are you suggesting that only boats that can be single-handed should be sailed? Really?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by danielgoldberg; 01-19-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook