SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bahama Live Aboard Marinas
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011

zboss is on a distinguished road
Bahama Live Aboard Marinas

Hi,

I was wondering if there are affordable (everything is relative so entertain me for a minute) live aboard marinas in the Bahamas and the T&C.

The issue being - I work in IT services which means that about 1/2 the time I need to work on-site (3-4 months a year) anywhere the company sends me in the US/Mexico/Canada but the rest of the time I can work from home or not at all. I generally get about 3 months a year when I am not working on a project. The nature of my work requires a decent internet connection, cell phone service, and a relatively close airport so I can be available for work within just a couple of days and/or be available for sales calls.

My wife and I have been putting our cruising plan into action with the intent on moving aboard in the Chesapeake in the spring of 2013 until November of that year or of 2014 (continue working) at which time we would like to sail onto the Bahamas. If I am able to find a slip that fits my needs I will gladly work another year to build out the kitty for a nice long cruise.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook