SailNet Community - View Single Post - Atkins "Little Maid of Kent" Schooner
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Have you joined the wooden boat forums? That's were to ask. If your going to build a 30ftr I hope you have VERY deep pockets! Then after she's built another 25- 45000 to outfit and rig with sails and more.
I'd suggest cedar on oak by the way white oak for timbers (frames) how about the deadwood, purpleheart? Or cold molded? Charlie cobra is our resident wooden boat expert here by the way.

Resale, That's a loosing propostiion with wooden boats. unless your very very very lucky and find someone that falls in love at first sight. I just recently found a 23 ft carvel planked boat that was 90 yrs old and free .. I did not take it.even for the lumber! but let it go.

Welcome to the Net!

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deniseO30; 01-21-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook