Thread: Yorktown
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011

PJo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrsh View Post
Thanks for the comments.
My Goal is to get her ready for extended cruizing. I'm not sure how other Yorktowns are equipped, but mine has a refer/seperate freezer/and an icemaker. I'm in process of getting a watermaker installed, I think I can do most of it, but I have to pull her out once again to install a seperate raw water pickup (The Watermaker manufacture strongly recomends this). All lines are led to the cockpit, and could probably be singlehanded, but I have to find someone to go out with me, docking then trying to jump out of the boat with the center cockpit is a bit too much for this old guy.
The boat is a cruizer, only sleeps 4 freindly people. One deviation from the original layout, the setee was removed/converted to a navststion. If I was designing her, I might do things a bit differently, but all in all, it's layout is pretty good with more than ample storage room.
To answer your question, I dropped my Anchor in Calif. In the Delta east of San Francisco/Oakland.
The interior layout of the Invictus is fore cabin sleeps one, main cabin sleeps 2 comfortably and the Captain's Quarters sleeps two comfortably. This past week-end, I did an oil change, fuel filter change, air filter cleaning, fuel pump switch fabrication and bleeding of the fuel lines for a perfect result, the gentle purring of a Perkines 4-107 engine. Taking her out tonight for a harbor cruise.

I'm in the process of redesigning the galley. I've put so much work into her since I've owned her without logging, really, really bad mistake, so now I'm keeping an active Maintenance Log. Let me know if there is anything I can help with and I'll do so gladly!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook