SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need Info for Florida
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006

Nikki06 is on a distinguished road
Need Info for Florida

Hi all,
Here is my situation. I am gathering informaton for my parents. I live in Spring Hill, FL (35 miles NW of Tampa) and my parents presently live in New England (Portland,ME).
My parents are looking to purchase a boat that they can live aboard down here in the geater Tampa Bay area. The marina where they end up living needs to be within reasonable driving distance from me. I am thinking that Sarasota would be the furthest South, and they would prefer to stay on the west coast.

That said....they are very active & outgoing individuals, Mom is 55 and Dad is 60 - both very "young", if that makes sense.

Ideally they would like to find a few marinas and then see about "renting" a boat for a few days at each marina (NOT to take out - just to live aboard) to see how the marina life suits them. Obviously they would provide references, deposit, etc... finance verification is not a problem either. Is that possible or is it unheard of??

I am doing the leg work since I am a stay at home Mom and am also already down here if I wanted to take a drive to some marinas to check them out before hand.

I've read some of the threads posted and will continue, but wanted to throw my information out there and begin (hopefully) getting feedback.

Nikki
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook