SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need Info for Florida
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006

Allen Lofland is on a distinguished road
Flroida

Nikki: We have tried for months to find such a marina for liv-a-board in that area with no luck, it is real difficult to find. It seems that local laws are being established to keep liv-a-boards away. I am not going to say there aint none from Sarasota to Clearwater, but I sure cannt find one for our 42 ft sail boat.
BUT Burnt store marina in punts gorda loves liv-a-boards and the fishermans village also will have new slips this oct.
It seems for some reason they want liv-a-boards on charlotte bay great cruisen area, just a little further from your place than you talked about. Keep looken.
You might try Pasadena Marina there in St. Pete...they allow it but have a waiting list, depends on the size of boat.
As for the rental thing....no idea's sorry, I think like us, if you folks want to try the life style they will ned to just jump in a buy a boat and tryit out for a while. If you carefull you can do that and not loose investment money, buy used, less than 10 years old, very good condition and be very mean on your offers
good luck
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook