SailNet Community - View Single Post - Long Range WiFi -- Posting right now using "long range" wireless
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011

richardhula is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seayalatermoonglow View Post
Can anyone help me to figure out what's wrong here. First off, everything arrived and it all went together just fine. The Bullet M2, a TP-Link TL-ANT2412DI Antenna and associated gear. I have followed the directions using both of the following sets of instructions.
http://www.ubnt.com/downloads/Nano_Quick_Set-up.pdf
Bullet setup.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download
I have spent 2 days trying different things with no success.

This is my current LAN setup.

This is only required for initial setup - even then only first two lines need changing i.e. IP address set to same subnet but other than 192.168.1.20 'cos your Bullet is factory set to that address. Subnet mask set as above, that's all.

Quote:
At this stage, I get two green lights on the Bullet. From here on in it gets tricky to get into the AirOS setup page. Sometimes I can get in if I disconnect the power wait a while and re-connect and eventually I get in. Once in, I have tried updating the firmware under the system tab many times. I was able to download v 5.3 firmware but during the upload it gives up and I can't get any further.

So I gave up on that and decided to set the network up under the network tab. So I re-power the bullet and start over and I go to the network tab. Here are my settings:

Its clear from attached image that you have Bullet set as Access Point. Go to Wireless tab & set it as Station as clearly mentioned in instructions. Maybe read them again whilst your at it.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.