SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter Vision 36
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011

mikehradecky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNDebbie View Post
Yes, she is. We're a little nervous about the trip in general, but not about the boat. I've been blown into Monterey Bay on a gale twice. I've added alot of heavy weather gear: Dutchman boom brake, full batten main with two reef points, storm dodger, etc. and carry a warp, storm anchor (parachute), spare fuel, lots of ground tackle and more. I think it's more about being prepared and sailing in a prudent manner than the particular boat. She's proven to be strong, if a little tender, on the ocean. And, for a smaller boat, she has the room we need. She's not as seakindly as some, and may require more work to sail, but I have no doubts as to her seaworthiness. As Capt. Fatty says, "Mind the rudder, or meet the rock."
So you've cruised the coast in her. I'm getting my skill level up before I venture too far out the gate. We've owned our boat since March 08 and are just now finishing up all the repairs the PO left us to deal with.

The boom brake seems like a good idea on these boats, the mains are HUGE. We always sail reefed. I wish I had a third reef point.

What is a Warp?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook