SailNet Community - View Single Post - Joining the hobby/first sailboat
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011

alcapown is on a distinguished road
Joining the hobby/first sailboat

Hello gentlemen, sailboats have always been a passion of mine, and something I have wanted to get into for quite some time. I have looked at some boats online, and I am just wanting a nice start up boat, to learn the hobby and become a good sailor. I found this one which I will link at the end of my post, and just wondering you guy's opinions, and also any advice for start up you can offer whatsoever.

Just a little about myself, currently the boat would be sailed on freshwater river, Chickamauga to be exact, or Tennessee River, Nickajack etc. Any place that people take there boats out in the Chattanooga, TN area, is where I would intend on setting sail. Im currently in college, thus my budget is unfortunately that of a college student, haha. But this boat appears to be in great shape, ready to sail, and perfect for a beginner, but you tell me for I am clueless, except what online research has offered lol. Thanks for listening, and I look forward to being an active part of this community for years to come, and a sailor for even more. I can't tell you how excited I am about it, sorry for the wall-of-text, heres the link to the boat im considering..

1986 Siren 17' Sailboat with trailer

Also, he posted youtube videos in his ad which I viewed, seems nice. Thanks, and I await the replies.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook