SailNet Community - View Single Post - How can I stop my boat from sinking?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
It has been done in a Corsair 31 trimaran, which is a GRP boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayalatermoonglow View Post
That would be an interesting adventure for sure but I'm not sure I've ever heard of a glass boat doing this but I could guess it has been done a hand full of times. At the risk of being repetitive, the Northwest Passage is heavy steel boat territory. My thoughts are, if a route stays open long enough, any kind of unexpected weather could possibly trap the vessel in a bay and crush it. In any case, I would say you'll need quite a supply of survival gear should you end up on the ice, it could be some time before help arrives.

From what I know, much of the arctic is not charted very well so he careful with that.
I'm not saying you need an ice navigator aboard but I thought the information below could be useful reading.
From Transport Canada
Source: Ice Navigators - Transport Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook