SailNet Community - View Single Post - Roach and How Many Battens?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
We are in the same situation. I have just put the ok for a full batten (4) Main cross cut 8 oz Challenger High Modulus, 2 reefs, extra reinforced clews. Our sailing is very similar to yours as we take a three week vacation every summer and travel out of the Bay and up to New England. We also have the occasional race ( with our C&C we are somewhat competitive with other similar boats).

We are also buying the stong track tides system for the ease of hoisting/ lower the sail, especially since the extra weight will make it trend more resistance if not perfectly into the wind. Our current sailk was configured with 2 partial two full.

I would get a second quote from Quantum. The difference between my sail and the exact same one from North and UK was significant. I was able to get a discount on the tides system from them.

Feel free to PM me with our information ( price of both)

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook