old guy :)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Just got an iPhone, and those who know me know I like lots of redundancy and such.
I echo what has been said, as a primary source for navigation, no! As an additional source of information and entertainment - yes.
Here's what I have so far
- KnotsGuide - interesting / entertainment
- Windfinder - interesting / entertainment - might become more useful, might not
- KG Free - interesting / entertainment
- Windspeedconverter - - interesting / entertainment
- Cruisers - forum list - interesting
- Boating Suite - paid app -very useful, printable log, maintenance, to do list etc.
- Charts&Tides East Coast US w/ Active Captain - paid app - excellent
- DayTides - interesting, redundant tide information
- Radar - paid app - real time weather radar
- RadarCanada - paid app - real time weather radar - very specific to me
And, I am sure I will find more and others will also have suggestions.
Irwin Citation 34