Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yeocomico River, VA
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 12
So fare we're evenly split between 2+2 and full battens. To summarize so far:
1. More overall sail stability as the sail ages
1. A bit heavier
2. Lower panels are more difficult to reef/furl (As I know from personal experience)
2. Easier reefing/furling due to less bulk and mass.
3. A bit more control when shaping the sail.
1. Perhaps a bit less overall sail shape stability as the sail ages.
I'll add an over the top leech system to the sail. Adjusting the leech line when off the wind can be arduous. Thanks guys!
Sabre 38 "Victoria"