SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rawson30 Bluewater move it away from NJ to Bermuda or Carrib. and use up to 3 months
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I notice that even as you have replied, JohnysRawson30, that you have not addressed any of the concerns that were raised by myself or Sasha V in their post above.

The documentation issue aside, as you say that the boat is documented, and that you have a certificate of title, what about an escrow account to hold money for repairing and re-fitting the boat, and paying the marina? I think Sasha V's estimate of $30K is a minimum, given the amount of work and time I have spent on my boat, and mine is basically new, and has never been neglected, as yours has.

From your brief response, I am doubting that the boat is actually documented or registered. USCG documentation takes fairly rigorous paperwork, and is only granted to US Citizens...so you do not qualify. State registration also generally requires a fair amount of paperwork, and as you've not actually been in the US, I doubt that was done properly as well.

Also, I doubt that anyone would want to take out an insurance policy on a boat that they do not own... the insurance companies generally won't do third party insurance on a boat, especially one that is as questionable as yours appears to be.

If you do not have the time to answer such basic questions, it is very likely that you will not get anyone to do anything about your boat....and that the marina will place a lien on it, and eventually sell it at auction, as I and others have said previously.

Please note, that I am not attacking you...but trying to point out what you need to do in order to get what you say is your property delivered to someplace you can access it. The questions that Sasha V, Surfesq, myself and others have raised are legitimate concerns, and your inability or unwillingness to address them are likely to raise huge warning flags for anyone who might have been considering your offer.

If you are incapable of understanding why we have written what we have, and do not see the implications of the questions that we have raised, then it is very likely that you really have no idea of what is involved in the purchase and ownership of the boat, and have likely thrown whatever money you allegedly spent to by the boat away for all intents and purposes. It is almost impossible to help someone who is unwilling to provide as much assistance in their situation as is possible—you seem to be one of those that makes it impossible/unworthwhile to help. You have been defensive and evasive in your answers... those are definitely warning flags in my book, and probably to the others as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 07-26-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook