SailNet Community - View Single Post - Joining the hobby/first sailboat
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011

alcapown is on a distinguished road
The one issue that is plaguing my mind is also having to find/buy a motor. I need to check around prices, but also would have to be able to install, and probably buy a gas tank as well, id imagine. Seems like that particular proposition could get costly pretty quick, but I dont know. And mattstamour, she loves the idea. She said she would love to spend time out on the water, sailing, relaxing, shes also excited at the prospect. But ya, those are the inquiries on my mind, and I called yesterday to confirm he still had the boat for sale, and he does. So, I'm thinking I need to make a move soon, might put an offer tomorrow not sure, but the outboard subject has me a bit worried.

I want this more than anything, so I will try to do a ton of research while also writing 10 page rhetorical analysis and hundreds of pages of required reading lol, all while watching the Super Bowl, needless to say not a lot of school is getting done currently lol. But what is your opinion, or anyones, on the outboard, the money etc, and if it is definitely something I would want, over say paddles/oars etc. Thanks!!

Also matt, love the way you just say pull the trigger and go for it, I feel the EXACT same way, just trying to have it all figured out and prepared before doing so, which is hard to do haha. And I do feel this is something I want to spend a lifetime doing, I just feel held back monetarily. :/ But thats why im in school right.. ugh just don't want to waist more time NOT being out on the water. lol
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook