SailNet Community - View Single Post - Advice needed
Thread: Advice needed
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011

Johnqboater is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the suggestions on where to look. Mark's idea sounds like dream come true, being able to take care of a boat for an owner that doesn't show up. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, and I just might.

Lots of info on the south bay docks, thank you so much. The thought of having my keel stuck in the mud isn't the best. Doesn't the mud stink really bad? When the water recedes in Alameda, Emeryville, and Berkeley I've always wondered how folks can live around that smell. I think it's rotting vegetation and dead sea creatures. I hope!

Someone just emailed me about a 34 Coronado but I can't find any interior pictures of what those boats typically look like. Does anyone have an opinion about them. Doable liveaboard or cramped?

I make no claims to know what I'm doing but I grew up next to the water and always wanted to try this. Moving from my 2000 sq ft home to a boat will be a change but I'm looking foreword to simplifying my surrounds and being able to enjoy the solitude of the bay again.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook