SailNet Community - View Single Post - How can I stop my boat from sinking?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011
Senior in age only!!!

centaursailor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
JonE...+1000.

Exiles, I'll tell you straight up...I've kept my distance from this and the "How many tools" (or whatever) thread. I've seen them here and on SA - and I've taken a quick look at the blog that you're pimping (it's okay but not that great).

I obviously have no problem with a big freakin' sail. And there's no doubt that the NWP is big. HUGE. But this whole thing feels like a "stunt" in search of an audience/sponsors. It's a tad ridiculous.

The problem is that with questions and aspirations like the ones you're setting forth in these forums, it's all far more deserving of a facepalm than a sponsor.

Like JonE says, commit to the thing. Go old school. Keep it quiet, leave the EPIRB at home, get it done, then write your book. I'll buy it. I swear.

Otherwise, take your Chinese diesel outboard down south, go cheap and write a blog about how to patch dinghy holes in St. Thomas. Your chances of survival and reality are much, much higher.
At last, someone with a bit of cop-on.