SailNet Community - View Single Post - LED vs incandescent Nav lights
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
The SignalMate looks like a good product, and seems reasonably priced, but I have no experience with it. I've had an OGM tri-anchor on my boat since 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prroots View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I must say their website leaves a lot to be desired. Under the news heading, the latest is 6 years old. When you click on other links, it reports 'fatal error'. Wonder what their problem is? If I didn't know better, I'd say they are bankrupt or going out of business? If they were a profitable, up and coming company you would think they could keep their website up to date. Maybe the LED business is suffering.

I briefly compared the OGM site to the Signal Mate site. The Signal mate draws less current (.3 vs .5 Amps), offers a 5 year vs 2 year warranty and cost $60-70 less. It is available in 2 or 3 wire version. I wonder why that wouldn't be the best choice?
Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook