SailNet Community - View Single Post - Joining the hobby/first sailboat
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011

alcapown is on a distinguished road
Tap, thanks for the info, guess I shouldve figured it would be internal. And, I spent last year away at a university, and transferred back home, so haven't really been able to see any of the sailors, and whether they use motors or not. I will try to find out, I did find a link to a sailing club of some sort, and they list the boats I use, I will post the link maybe you can tell from that and see what you think? idk lol, but here it is.

Choosing Your 1st Boat

And unfortunately, the one sailing school that was in my area closed down last month.. which is quite the downer, but I have quite a few books, and attempting to self teach myself and have been studying everyday and will continue to, while still seeing if any opportunities to learn from experience come along. Seems the closet school is in Atlanta, but idk. I have yet to buy the boat I posted about, but it is still there, and I am considering putting in an offer today, I just want to have a boat and be out on the water so bad, I cant wait to start this soon to be life long passion, but I'm taking my time, partly because that is what my budget allows, haha.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook