Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Concord NH
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Ah, this is right down my ally. Retired painting contractor.
Lime green is only appropriate for your 70's leisure suit not your boat
unless you wear the suit on your boat.
That said here is what I'd do
1. Lightly, did I say lightly, sand areas to be painted. Did I say lightly ? Tack cloth area.
2. Appropriate primer..I have my favorites...Make sure it is a "bonding primer."
3. For interior I would choose a 100% acylic EXTERIOR paint of your gloss
choice. Do at least two coats, roll and tip.. Roller to be a quality foam.
4. VERY lightly sand first, VERY lightly, coat. Tack cloth and apply sacond
5. Email me if you need more... No idea where to obtain eisure suit.