SailNet Community - View Single Post - S/V Quest taken by Somali pirates
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011

calden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinLA View Post
Yeah, that's what we need, another war. Don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy to nuke Somalia (and lots of other places as well), so I'm not at all against retribution. However, it's NOT AMERICA'S WORLD. It's the world's world and the world is a dangerous place. Frankly, I see these stories all the time. Whether it's people in Los Angeles who simply MUST build their house up in the foothills where EVERYBODY KNOWS there will be a forest fire, or kids crossing the border to go to a party in a bar in Mexico and ending up dead, or 3 Americans HIKING on the border of Iran (how stupid is THAT?) or sailing in an area REKNOWN for brutal piracy attacks. At what point do we have to say, "You chose to do something dangerous and you lost"? Yeah, I know, they're sailors, we're all sailors, I feel for them. I get it. But maybe the state of the world says, "You can't get to the Med from here anymore, you have to go around". That being said, I do pray for the survival of the victims. Flame suit on.

Mike
Mike-

I think you have a very practical and realistic attitude. I totally agree.

Carlos
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook