SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why Don't You Liveaboard?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011

DavidD. is on a distinguished road
MikeinLA summed it up pretty good. I feel the same way about not wanting to loose my workshop and 50' TV at this point in life. We lived aboard in False creek marina (Vancouver) for several years on our C&C 32 until they moved us off the EXPO 86 fairground site, relocating us down the creek and evenentualy up the Fraser river.
We loved the summers, casting off every Friday night at 5:00, heading over to one of the local islands for the weekend. Loved being free of material possessions like furniture and tons of collected stuff. The winters were harsh at times, but still liked being on the water, with the soothing motion and the visiting ducks, etc.
I really miss the sailing tremendously, I still crew on a couple of races a year. I'm restoring a 20' twin keeler to cruise the coast after retirement in 4 or 5 years (hopefully), but I couldn't give up our 70' manufactured home to go back to the water full time.
I wouldn't trade our live aboard years for a land based home at that time when we were younger, and had a great time with many great memories.
I only regret the many years between then and now not sailing, and really look forward to being on the water again soon.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook