SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solar Stik reviews?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011

CruiserJoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post
Oh nice, blame it all on me!

IIRC, Conky Joe didn't have a financial connection to Solar Stik. I think there was some sort of personal connection but no official involvement by Solar Stick in Joe's website.

It seems that the upshot is that the product is rather expensive and requires tending to get the most of it's capabilities, which has been mentioned here already. If you have limited mounting space, it may be the best alternative.

Enjoy reading the original thread. It should only take a few days.
I'll be back in 6 months to check up on y'all!
Like XORT said, Brian and I are very good friends, along with a large village of Marine Industry Veterans. As a matter of fact I saw him, along with Boatbabe, as well as other folks that stand behind the Solar Stik and the technology behind it this past weekend at Strictly Sail Miami.

Unfortunately Mr. Sailingdog has been stuck on semantics, when the rest of us has moved along.

I would submit that given the info in this thread reinforces why MR Sailingdog has little to no idea what he is talking about, as he has never seen, used, tested, or otherwise had any interaction with the Solar Stik.

So let's stick with the facts:

1. Solar Stik, although developed for sailors by sailors, has proven somewhat expensive for the typical cruising budget.

2. Solar Stik operates as advertised, and can and does give a 60% to 100% in a typical day improvement in solar panel efficiency over the same solar panel laid flat. One of those conditions is the fact that the Solar Stik panels are in the air, and remain cooler than when laid flat on a surface. This also aids in the efficiency.

3. Solar Stik has actually been wildly popular in Military arenas, and has around 500 units deployed, along with other options that allow it to become a "mini-grid", and allow attachment from generators, and other power sources, including auto starting a properly equipped generator when alternative power is needed.

Like others like LeLaLu and Remetau that ACTUALLY have and Solar Stik and ACTUALLY have used the Solar Stik, and everyone agrees, the Solar Stik operates as advertised, and the only downfall other than semantics expressed by Mr. Sailigdog, is the price.

SVPrarieRose I wish you the best with your decision.

Fair winds...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook