SailNet Community - View Single Post - Eastward HO 24
Thread: Eastward HO 24
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006

JACKTAYLOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseratchit
Wow!

I'm so excited to get any response on this let alone 2! My husband is the veteran sailor and I am learning. When he is around I will have him ask more questions.

I know one of his concerns is that the chain plates don't seem very strong so he is planning to redo these eventually. Have you had any problems with yours?

What areas have you sailed in? Have you done any bluewater with her? Any info you have on the boat in general would be great---I've not had much luck with Googling in this instance. We'd love to see pics of your boat if you're so inclined.

We just bought ours last September and have only taken her out for one sail so far. Hubby is doing some work on her and she needs some cosmetic TLC but she seems like a solid little boat and we look forward to more sailing.

Thanks!
I have owned an Eastward Ho 24 for about 6 years and have cruised in Maine, around the Mass Cape and in my local area of Rhode Island. She is a great boat for two for cruising. When we scaled down from larger sailboats we remembered a beautiful one for sale on Marthas Vineyard that we had seen years ago. The gentleman had removed the engine to make more stowage space for his cruise across the Atlantic. We went on line and found five around the east coast and made a beautiful choice. She has, beyond the standards, a Raytheon RADAR, an Atlas Barber refrig system, power winch etc. I would say the only problem with her is not her fault. It's the fault of any small displacement hull. In a head sea she does not have the weight and lenth characteristics to carry her through a head sea and that makes for slow close hauled sailing. I enjoy the boom furling. Down below the atmosphere is great when at anchor and it's a little blowy outside. Our interior is beautiful in that it was all custom designed in teak and it's very cozy. Have a great time JACK
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook