SailNet Community - View Single Post - What kind of boat is this?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
On second thought......

That HIN doesn't jive with it being a Cal-Jensen/Bangor-Punta boat (the first three letters should be JEN). According to these guys - Cal 9.2 Web Site - the Cal 9.2 was a design licensed from Jenneau. So, the boat in question may be a "Jenneau Rush" rather than a Cal 9.2.

EDIT:
Ooops!! On THIRD thought, I just dug up the paperwork on my Cal 2-27 (something I should have done BEFORE I posted the stuff above), and the HIN starts with CAB7....So, I guess it is a Cal 9.2.
"CAB" is in use by someone else (or the USCG database is messed up); "V" must be the model designator, and "0012" would make it hull #12 (the rest is just the date of manufacture).
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt

Last edited by SlowButSteady; 02-23-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook