SailNet Community - View Single Post - Xantrex Echo Charger Rant
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by btrayfors View Post
On my boat, and on a number of client boats on which I have installed the EchoCharge, I find it absolutely flawless. It works perfectly...does not overcharge the start battery, and just sits there and does it's job as it's supposed to.

Xantrex, by the way, bought this device from another company and, thankfully, has resisted the temptation to change it. As far as I know, anyway. It's one of the very few Xantrex devices that I can and do recommend and install.

By the way, I completely agree re: the instructions: they need to make the connection info more clear.

Bottom line: Yes, the EchoCharge is a "voltage-follower device", but it is a VRD with smarts. It won't harm your start battery and, if properly connected (which is VERY VERY easy) it will just do its thing and you don't have to worry anymore about your start battery.

Bill
Bill,

I know you and I have discussed this before and both seen different results from the Echo? I am going to remove my part about the float, for now, even though I just witnessed it this morning. I want to do a full controlled bench test and will have one soon as I have an install to do with one.

I don't disagree that ti is a great device but do think the manual SUCKS and I've come across to many owners baffled on this install that does not need to be so difficult..

Will let you know after I finish my bench test.. The one I had on my own boat followed the house bank and I doubt Xantrex made any changes from the Heart Interface days..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook