PCP will become famous soon enough
Pogo 12.50 / Este 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
... "Ce que femme veut, Dieu veut!"
that's hard to beat that, I mean, God's will

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
But if you also would like to race even occasionally within the Class 40 fleet (handicap racing is probably no option with any of these boats), the Este is certainly first choice. In this respect, it is rather something in between the Pogo's 12.50 and 40S2 (ultra light weight, torpedo keel, water ballasts, "casquette" with dedicated watch positions in the cockpit) and this probably also explains the higher price.

Best regards,

Eric
Not in between the 12.50 and the 40S2 (the racing Pogo class 40). This boat has the same weight, the same water ballast and can carry as much sail as the 40S2. It would be like a 40S2 with a cruising interior and with a bulbed keel that can be raised from 3.00m to 1.5m.

The boat is really a racing boat with a reasonable cruising interior and the amazing thing is that even with that cruising interior and with the hydraulics to lift the keel, it has the same weight as the racing Pogo.

I agree with you that it would not be hard to put some doors on the Pogo and I am surprised your wife has not demanded that . I also agree, that the Pogo interior is more agreeable but as you have said, the Este has the need to raise the keel (that is more performance oriented than the one on the 12.50) and that has probably conditioned all the interior layout.

I even like more the outside looks of the Pogo, but the Este 40 is another animal: A truly racing machine with a reasonable cruising interior, a boat that you can race and cruise, it is hard to beat at least for the ones that would like to race (even if occasionally) and cruise.

The boat has been raced with success:

The boat won the 2009 Round Sardinia race

Rolex Middle Sea Race

On the Cetacei Regatta (160nm) finished second overall (First in class), only narrowly beaten by a Cookson 50 and leaving behind a Pogo 40 and a lot of bigger boats.

Un nuevo éxito de Balance-AN El Este Class 40 gana la clase y logra un segundo absoluto / Barcos a Vela / Náutica / Portada - masmar

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook