SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recommended ASA Certification schools in Annapolis?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011

fendertweed is on a distinguished road
Recommended ASA Certification schools in Annapolis?

I've sailed for 45+ yrs. and have mostly soloed my Pearson 26 on the Potomac the past 8 including my 200-mile round trip cruise in '08, but I want to get my wife more acclimated and also want to get a formal ASA certification for myself so that we can charter easily in various places (including the BVI (where I'll probably do a crewed charter the 1st time) and Croatia -- we have a Serbian (American) friend & want to go over there w/ he & his wife, but Croatian govt. regs require an ASA cert. to charter, I am told).

I'm looking for first-hand (preferably) recommendations for ASA certification schools in Annapolis ... we live in NoVa and probably won't get to it this year but I want to do it in the next 2-3.

Any recommendations (or ones to avoid, private email is fine for that if you prefer) are appreciated, as well as tips/ tricks/ traps.

Our boat is very rudimentary (outboard/ porta potty/ no water tank, etc.) so there is a bit to learn in terms of modern boat systems and navigation.

Thanks,
Jon

Pearson 26 #1200
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook