SailNet Community - View Single Post - trailer sailers - seaward vs precision
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
I used to have a Precision 23. I loved the "classic" looks, the decent quality gear (Harken), the good build quality and the manufacturer was very responsive to questions (and when I had a part break, sent me out a new one at no charge). If I had to go back to the day I made a decision on the P23, I can say I'd be like you - have a hard time between choosing a Precision vs. a Seaward. I didn't know the Seaward's existed at that point though, so my decision was vs. Catalina and Hunter, and the Precision beat them (from my perspective).

The P23 doesn't have all of the comforts that some of the other same class boats have (no dedicated area for the head, no pop-top, etc., but she sails incredibly well, is well built, has good support, and looks beautiful. Those were my criteria.

I can't really compare them against the Seaward though since I don't know it well. You might want to check out Precision Sailboats Forum - Message Index
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook