SailNet Community - View Single Post - Maine Live Aboard
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 02-28-2011
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
First, a propane camp stove for heat is a good way to get carbon monoxide poisoning and adds a lot of moisture to the interior which will condense out and help cause mold/mildew problems. I hope you have a CO detector aboard, along with a propane fume sniffer.
I do have CO detector. I use the propane sparingly and I open the boat up during the day to dispense the moisture. I throughly clean the interior surfaces often. Ive even washed the lead ballast. Two girls caught pnumonia after separate stays on board so I cleaned every part of the interior I could reach. I run the bilge ventilator daily as well. Im doing my best preventing explosions, suffocations and unhealthy conditions.
ejenn is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome