SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hi from Brisbane
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011

In2TheBlue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
So In2TheBlue tell us a bit about yourself and the plan?? Are you looking for a boat?? Is the plan to liveaboard??
Well, I'm researching boats yes, but I want to know a bit more before i just dive in. Given I've never hoisted a sail in my life, there is no immediate rush to buy something
The live aboard plan really appeals (even its for only a couple of years - what an experience to have), but full time work at this stage would limit any ability to cruise in the short term. I'm planning to move to contract work which would allow me to work less and live more. I'm certain that "less encumbered" is the way to go, and there are some great spots on the east coast to spend a few months every year, in between work commitments.
I've no problem with downsizing, and currently regard most of my possessions as very disposable (house included).
Ha - i remember a time when everything I owned would fit in my car, and i just drove from state to state, finding jobs and places to live....it was so simple then
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook