SailNet Community - View Single Post - Children now? Pirate Content...
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011
I Am, therefore I Sail

kpgraci is on a distinguished road
when I first heard of this my thoughts covered the two areas mentioned here: One stopping the pirates, and two using some common sense in what dangers you place yourself (and your family).

As far as stopping the pirates, I am confident that the US and others have sufficient satellite capabilities to monitor and detect this activity. Stopping it or at least intervening is then just a matter of desire (as in time, money, risk of military lives). While I am not an advocate of using the US military like a police force, this seems like a perfect use for a global police force.

One the second count, I was not aware of the blogging, that is amazing. I was thinking of ways to avoid pirates, even say in the Caribbean. Sails show up for a long way on the water, an obvious slow and easy target. How about some camo sails, with geometric shapes like used on warships to break up the outline? I say go stealth, and wait to publish your journal when you're safe at home port.
'73 ODay 22

If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (c. 4 BC - 65 AD)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook