SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 38 pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Importation cost seems to be open to interpretation, they wanted to work out the GST on the purchase price using the exchange rate at time of entry, after some discusion they did it from when I left my last OS port being Vanuatu. all other cost after that decision was agreed on from vanuatu (@$100) but they where only realy interested in the puchase price.

Customs officers where all very helpful and friendly, expect a bit more indepth dotting of I's and Xing of T's in Brisbane as this is the major training area for new officers. Your attitude when dealing with Customs has a huge bearing on how pain free the requirements will be, Dont be an ass follow the rules and all is easy. They would prefure you stay at a marina once cleared in but attitude being everything will let you move around as long as you tell them your every movement whilst doing the imortation.

The boat will need to be Australian registered before leaving I did mine via post and email very easy. You can get provisional Registration for a one off trip(cheaper) but the same amount of work.

Bendytoys are always a safe bet, as is the Islander 36.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook