SailNet Community - View Single Post - Caliber LRC 40
Thread: Caliber LRC 40
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006

GregRiach is on a distinguished road
DynaMeme

We are planning on moving our boat to the Caribbean area. At this time our plan is to spend the summers here and the winters sailing, but like many things that could change. I really don’t know if we will want to do any long blue water passages, but if we did, it would mean a different boat as our Catalina is a great coastal cruiser. We are trying to determine if we should sell our current boat (2004 Catalina 387) and purchase a new Caliber LRC 40. At present we truly enjoy cruising in our 387. It is the right size for us, we enjoy sailing it and we live in it well, but it does have limited storage space.

I have been most impressed with the Caliber LRC 40 but I feel it necessary to speak to owners and get their input. What are the sailing characteristics of your boat in a variety of conditions? Is the boat as well constructed as the manufacturer states. It is a comfortable boat to live on? Can you easily single-hand the boat? What if anything, would you change about your boat? Do you have any suggestions on must have equipment that we should order the boat with? Is there enough working room to do maintenance and add new equipment yourself? I appreciate any and all information that you are willing to share.

Last edited by GregRiach; 07-31-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook