SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
Really liking the A40, seems like a great fit. My only concerns are-1. there are a lot for sale. Can be an indicator of some fault or defect. 2. Huge price discrepancies between boats of similar years and equipment? A certain broker has ten A40's for sale made between 2004-2006 with a low of $90,000 to a high of $176,000. That's a pretty large curve. Nearly any other yacht of the same category are within a 10-15% spread.
Best Regards,
Todd
I have already told you why. The ones that are asking a big price are asking a normal price taking into account the age of the boat and the price they have paid. The ones that are asking low prices are following the market rules: No much demand on that boat and lots of them for selling.

Most of the boats were bought for racing at top level and the boat is not competitive anymore regarding the new A40rc and other fast boats.

The new A40rc is really a top performer an Archambault costumers are normally top sailors:

San Francisco Sailmakers - - UK-Halsey Lofts Worldwide

The boat has not a great Galley (its divided in two different zones) with the settee in between and the interior is functional but not very nice. Not a favorite boat for most cruisers and as I have said the boat was sold in large numbers and the offer is much bigger than the demand.

I don't know of any other reason.

You forget about this one, that is the one with more equipment and also one of the least expensive (72000€):

Andrés Durán, Brokerage & Yachtservice

This guy is a dealer specialized in buying boats to the banks, from people that stop paying their leasing.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-04-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook