SailNet Community - View Single Post - My top 3 "MUST HAVES" or if it broke I would replace it tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011

rmeador is on a distinguished road
I can't speak for PBzeer, but I can tell you what I dislike about my stove. I think my stove is original to the boat. The range part works fairly well, except the burners aren't self-lighting and the control knobs are very touchy. But on the whole, it's a pretty good range. It's the oven that really makes me mad. It has a thermostat (some don't! watch out for that), but it doesn't maintain a good temperature. It's at least 50 degrees off from what the knob is labeled as (verified with a oven thermometer). Empty, it does a surprisingly good job of maintaining a steady temperature, but when I put a pan inside it, the temperature distribution gets all crazy. The bottom of the pan will burn and the top will be raw. It once took me an hour and a half to cook potatoes cut into one inch cubes, and the bottom of them was burned almost black by the time they were edible. I've got some new cookware (cuisinart nesting set) that maybe will help, I'll let you know. If stoves weren't so expensive, I'd replace it.