SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pulling transponder cables
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemk View Post
I appreciate the feedback. I am guessing the suggestion is to not use the wire to pull wire. So actually pull twice? Once to remove old and pull messenger and a second to pull new leads. Ideally leaving an extra messenger for future use.
Exactly...

Quote:
I will use a plastic twine that my trade guys at work use to pull line in long haul elec/data conduit as a messenger line. I have seen them pull 3 or 4 hundred feet of Ethernet thru PACKED conduit with tons of bends. I was planning on sacrificing the existing transponder leads to pull the twine since they are non-functioning.
Probably a good choice, since it was purpose designed for conduit messenger line by the sounds of it.

I'd be very surprised if the depth/temp transducer was dead...they are close to indestructible, and the displays usually die first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook