SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heavy Weather Sailing
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
I guess I'm not in the "bulk" of the forum population, because I disagree with that assesment.

I've definitely decided that I will no longer pay the price of wading through SD's condescencion and sanctimoniousness for access to his knowledge.

He uses the word "stupid" as a pronoun an awful lot, even when no one has insulted him and he gets away with it, because he's supposedly this infallible oracle of sailing knowledge. If any of the rest of us did this, we'd be on probation for sure.

It's obvious that he has years of sailing experience which is wonderful, but it also appears that he doesn't sail much or at all anymore (unless he's posting at sea via a satellite connection) as evidenced by his ever-swelling post count, even during sailing season.

I think the least I'd like to see here, is equal treatment under the rules. The rest of us get put in our place when we step out of line, and the next time I see a veteran member calling someone "stupid" for voicing a dissenting opinion, I'd like to see that person reminded of the rules as well.

As a self-appointed moderator, and major contributing member, he really sets a poor example to the new people sometimes.
1973 Pearson 30 #255

Last edited by BubbleheadMd; 03-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook