SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Mirage 25

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  bempey 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a Mirage 25 manual and so far without success. Does anyone on the forum have one available? My Mirage 25 is a 1987 model designed by Perry.

What I'm specifically looking for is general rigging information (sails, tensioning, etc.) and the type of Isomat boom used.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hello,

I have a 1987 Mirage 25 myself. To my knowledge there is no manual per se, but I have a bunch of papers that I could probably scan and send to you (you'll have to provide me with your email address).

There is also a Mirage discussion group on yahoogroups.com (group is called "Mirage-Kirby"), and they have a huge ftp site with all kinds of data (ftp seems to be down right now, but that should be temporary). Subscribe to the group, then search the discussions for the ftp address and username/password.

Have fun with your new boat!
--
Stephane

#3 ·
Mirage 25 Info

Hi Stephane,

Thanks so much for reaching out and with an offer to share what information you have on the Mirage 25. Surprised to hear there's no manual - I just assumed mine was misplaced by a previous owner. You can reach me at Magnagrip@live.com.

I will definately join the group on Yahoo and see what I can gather fromt there as well.

Again, thanks in advance and enjoy your Mirage 25 as well.

Burton

#5 ·
Mirage 25 information on Yahoo Groups

Hi everyone,

I joined Yahoo groups and did indeed find it quite helpful. There appears to be much information housed on an FTP site (a list of the FTP contents can be found on Yahoo Groups by searching for either "Kirby" or "Mirage"), however the FTP log in username and password have not been updated.

Does anyone have an alternate location for this information or a working username and password for the FTP site?

Much thanks!

#6 ·
Hi,

to my knowledge, the information is not available elsewhere (and the ftp site has been down for a while...)

Burton, just checking, I sent you some scans I had a few days ago. Did you get them (I used your personal email address @live.com).

--
Stephane

#7 ·
Mirage Info Received

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for sending along these docs. My apologies in not responding sooner, but I am just checking my accounts now. I was away for a couple of weeks and just getting back up to par with mail.

My Mirage25 is scheduled to launch on May 22nd, pending local water levels. Hope all is well with you and yours and again much thanks for the help!

I do wish the FTP site was up and running - it looks like it contained much valuable information. I would be happy to host it if someone has the content to share directly.

Burton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.