SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mayer's Motor Mount for Sailboat Outboard?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011

Wallilabu is on a distinguished road
Not just another pretty rear end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommays View Post
That is a great looking boat you made for your self and i cant see destroying such a beautiful looking transom

I had a Victoria 18 that looked that looked a lot like it which had a cast bronze mount on the deck that could lift and and be quick removed to stow so it did not kill the look of the boat when it was off

My J24 has more modern mount with about 10" of travel and with the motor tilted its easy to keep it out of the water

In forward it will sit and spin in a circle 30 years later its still not much of a performer in reverse
Thanks, Tom...I am being swayed by the various responses. Wallilabu's lines are really very beautiful, classic Sparkman and Stephens, and that is why I went to such trouble to avoid spoiling them...so I am rethinking...

By the way, there is a whole set of pictures of her restoration available at that website:

https://picasaweb.google.com/gkoski/...sSailmaster22#

We did most of the work at the historic Gamage Shipyard in South Bristol, Maine, where Wallilabu now lives, indoors in the winter...pampered girl!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook