SailNet Community - View Single Post - Greetings from the Pacific Northwest
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011

CaptainHal is on a distinguished road
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

I bought the current love of my life (my boat, my wife of 43 years was free) in Palm Harbor, Florida in 1989. Jean Marie and I sailed out of Pop Stansel Park from a sand ramp. She is a trailer boat and draws 14" with the keel up. We sailed in the Intercostal and out in the edges of the Gulf of Mexico
In 1991 I moved the family, or they moved me, back to Portland. We dragged Jean Marie all 3,750 miles back with us and she went into storage in the side yard. I got laid off in Feb of 2010 and have been bringing her back to life.
Looking forward to this spring and summer with several trailer trips in mind and one run down to Astoria. Jean Marie and I like the salt water best. Maybe we can sneak across the bar if conditions are right.
I have been using your site for information for quite a while and decided to join in and see if I could add something back for all the good stuff I have taken away. Time will tell?

Captain Hal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook