SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Salona 41

New review on the Salona 41. A short one (first impression) on Voile et Voiliers:

they have said:

"With another circumstances the lack of wind could have penalized another boat. For the Salone 41...it was almost a sales argument: With 4K of wind and with the 140% genoa, the boat was making a steady 4K (wind speed).

... A beautiful boat for the sailors that want a performance boat without the sacrifices of a true racing boat.
"

And look at the steel grid that distributes the loads from the keel and mast. I have looked at one at the shipyard and it looks really well made. it just adapts perfectly to the hull. That's one of the things that just make this boat stand from the competition. Systems like this are only used by considerably more expensive boats, like the X-Yacht, Luffe or Grand-Soleil.

Look at this characteristics:

With 110m2 for 7.2T of weight, a sharp hull with only 3.84 of beam, it is not surprising that the boat needs only 4K wind to sail. The Ballast/Displacement is also on the good side, a lot better than the one from the Dufour 40e, for instance. The boat has a good capacity diesel tank, but the water one it is not big enough, in my opinion. They offer as an option an additional one with 100L and with that, the water capacity is enough for me (they have a foot sea water pump to have also sea water).

Another interesting feature is the possibility of choosing 4 different drafts, from 1.75 to 2.68M. Pick the one you want, depending to the use you are going to give the boat and the cruising grounds (the weight of each is different, from the heavier with 1.75 to the lighter with 2.65).

Regarding cruising another interesting feature is the possibility of having an all LEED lighting, interior and navigation. That will permit to have the lights on while at anchor, even some reading at night. My wife would love that option

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-23-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook